9.05.2009

Circus follow up

It was awesome! Amazingly talented acrobats and trapeze artists. One totally hilarious clown. The only animal acts were poodles and ponies. To the best of my recollection, I don't think I've ever seen a circus in an actual tent. Every seat was up close and cozy. It was perfect except for the end. The show was cut short due to poor planning – I'm guessing the on part of the entertainment committee that books such events in the park. We could hear a fireworks display just outside the tent. The last act consisted of five elephants - they were introduced as the stars of the show. Long pause after the announcement. The elephants marched into the ring, posed once, then the ringmaster informed us that they were afraid of the fireworks and could not perform. By the time we all exited the Big Top, the fireworks display was over. Proper planning would have begun the fireworks show at 9:30 as opposed to 9. I'm glad the feelings of the elephants were respected, or maybe they were only taking safety precautions. The ringmaster looked a bit angry. I don't blame him.

No comments: