1.18.2009

Leaves and Branches


While I want very badly to be drawing and painting, I find it much easier to play on the computer. I was very excited to find this great tutorial on Design Sponge. (So happy to have stumbled upon the whole blog). I was led there through this link on Life Craft, an art and inspiration blog that I enjoy regularly.

I was just getting ready to create some patterns and the tutorial appeared before me like it fell from heaven. I was surprised how much the style of the example art looked like the drawing I posted on January 9th. So - I was going to draw a little something then xerox it, like the tutorial said. But, I don't have a xerox machine, I do have a computer and playing around with these digital photos I took last year was so much easier than even drawing something. I used the same method, but in Photoshop. Lots of fun!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have a little suprise for you on my blog....

Lou Who said...

I love it! Just remember, the computer is a medium, same as paint and charcoal. Who says you can't make something beautiful on a Mac and have it be any less artful than something you painted? It's created by an artist's hand and that's all that matters ;)

Amy said...

Did my blog get you started or is it pure coincidence that you're making patterns now? I wouldn't be surprised if it is coincidence - we're riding the same wave much of the time I think!

As always, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come out with next.

Xerox C2424 ink said...

First off I want to say that Im really upset that this blog was posted on my birthday and I didnt get to see it on my birthday! :)
I most definitely agree with a lot of people in here, throwing differnet views, different discussions. THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR!
:o)