1.07.2009

Ice

I said I don't really make New Year's Resolutions, but I continue to begin again and begin again throughout the year. January seems to be a fitting time to begin something. The hustle and bustle of the holiday whirlwind ends and we find that there is a little more time available. This past weekend I cleared and tidied up my little workspace "studio" in the basement. My goal is to show up there 5 days a week. Being an artist is simple. All you have to do is create art. Right?

These little playful abstractions that I have created in the first 3 days were inspired by lots of outdoor skating. I'll post the skating photos to flickr soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The abstracts are so fascinating. I also love the new banner for your blog. Very nice. It's been awhile since I've stopped by so I'm going to have to do some catching up.

Looking forward!:)

Anonymous said...

These paintings are so beautiful. I love them. They different from the mandalas and I really like the organic feel and the colors. I am so in awe of you skill.

Sarah