6.17.2008

Late Bloomer

Yesterday's gardening included dead-heading most of the peonies. Luckily the ones on the north side of the house bloomed a little later. This evening I had enough time to draw the last of the bunch. I'm going to start working in black and white and refining some line drawing skills. I actually tested this ink to see if it would bleed when I added water. It did not on my test, but apparently that doodle had dried a little longer than my peony.

On a separate note, I had a good run this evening. I ran 3 miles in 31:30 for a pace of 10min30sec per mile. (I did mention that I am a penguin) Not bad considering I checked back on my blog to see when I got back into running. It was May 25. This is pretty good progress for about 3 weeks. I've kept a running/exercise log in the past and it is helpful to stay consistent. I've thought of keeping track right here on my blog. It did just prove to come in handy. My short term goal is to run that same three miles within the next week and beat 31:30. I'd like to run a 5k on July 9 in under 30 minutes.

No comments: