10.18.2010

Spooky - Illustration Friday

Scratching the Surface . Acrylic . 24 x 24 . 2008

Spooky. If this looks familiar, that is because I posted it in March of 2008. I was frustrated with my inability to get any painting done, so I picked up a brush and faced the canvas with no expectation, other than possibly loosening up my brush strokes and allowing more emotion to flow into my work. It could have been the beginning of painting chaos that I would later organize with the structure of tree branches. When I stepped back from this, I couldn't stop looking at it and I didn't want to cover it up. The creepiness of it may be a reflection of unresolved issues in my subconscious mind. I am a bit disturbed and intrigued by myself. Please don't psychoanalyze it. That is my probably my biggest fear that keeps me from proceeding in that artistic direction.

2 comments:

Vilt og vakkert said...

Heisann!

A fascinating room... do you see the face in the background?
Superb!

Steve W. said...

Really like it - don't think it's creepy at all.

I too see the face and it looks like it's surrounded by a heart.