9.13.2011

Exercise, Discipline and then Affection

I am beginning to subscribe to "Cesar's Way" and hoping that I will soon be reporting that I have completely rehabilitated this dog. It's been more than a year since we rescued Lucky from the streets. And she is the perfect dog, if not for the severe separation anxiety. According to Cesar Millan, what a dog needs first and most is exercise (especially dogs with anxiety). I am canceling my gym membership as I have lengthened our morning walk to 30-45 minutes. Three miles on the days I don't go to work. The girls share the afternoon walk and I walk her again in the evening for another 20 minutes. Lucky hasn't shown any signs of improvement, but I am exhausted. I still have a lot to learn about taking on the role of pack leader and I am thankful everyday for this beautiful fall weather.

No comments: